Things I Listened To: FTL: Faster Than Light OST


Recently, I read a point about how video game soundtracks make the best music to work to. The person's theory was that the music is designed from the beginning to be part of the background and it naturally encourages attention to be spent elsewhere. While I'm not sure that's always true - especially when it comes to sweeping orchestral scores - I do find myself listening to game OSTs quite a lot when working.

This seems to be especially true for a lot of modern indie game soundtracks, like this one for FTL: Faster Than Lighta game I haven't played but whose soundtrack I really dig!

It's futuristic-yet-minimalistic score really works a treat as a divider between it and the terrifying silence of the real world. Have a listen!

//

Popular Posts