Things I Played: Lightyear - A Twine Game About Living Alone In Outer Space


Have you ever considered what it's like to be an astronaut floating around in outer space? I admit I haven't thought about it much but that's because I'm a filthy ground person. Or, maybe I should say I hadn't because after playing a little Twine game called Lightyear I'm starting to reassess things.

Lightyear is a game about living alone in outer space. It's also about nostalgia for home, chronic loneliness and a mysterious signal coming from the further reaches of the galaxy. Suffice to say, I'd rather not explain what the game is about because it's only fifteen minutes long, but for a text-game it's hugely atmosphere. So much so that it bagged its designer, Jim Bruges, a BAFTA nomination.

Though I'm still new to Twine games, it's definitely one of the better ones I've played. I'd recommend it if you've got any interest in either astronauts or interactive fiction. Now excuse me while I head back to my home planet.

//

Popular Posts