Things I Listened To: Pierrot Le Fou's Jazzy, Orchestral, Sometimes Frenetic Soundtrack


After writing my recent review of Pierrot Le Fou, I wanted to share another part of the film I greatly enjoyed: the soundtrack.

The second track (as featured above) features a bunch of screeching violins, reminding me a lot of Bernard Herrman's legendary score to Psycho. There's also a couple of musical interludes in the middle sung by the film's lead actress Anna Karina. There's also a very good penultimate track called Twist - the kind of thing that just makes you want to twist and shout and bop and stuff.

It's a curious mix of highbrow and lowbrow material, which reflects the film perfectly. I should also mention that it's all composed by Antoine Duhamel, a French composer who later worked with Godard on my favourite film of his, Week End.

//

Popular Posts