Things I Listened To: “Going Places” by Herb Albert & The Tijuana Brass Band.


Truth be told, I wasn’t aware of the stupendously jolly music of Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass band until about a week ago.

Sure I’d heard “The Spanish Flea” before. I remember it from that scene in The Simpsons where Homer is sitting in his car while Bart and Milhouse are at the Spinal Tap gig. But their music? No, I'm afraid. Not until somebody linked me to yet another of the internet’s random dog memes and I thought, “Hey that song's catchy, let’s listen to the original”.

As it turns out, this was a great decision because it meant I eventually stumbled upon Going Places, one of their albums from the 1960s. It’s a great collection of tracks: bombastic and happy..

Have a listen!!11

//

Comments

Popular Posts