Things I Listened To: A Million Miles Away by マクロスMACROSS 82-99


For a while I thought this was an actual factual soundtrack to one of the many, many, many Macross spin-offs. Turns out it's not, which means its composer Macross 82-99 is doing a very convincing job of being not only retro-inspired, but also an inspired choice for anybody looking for a bit of the old vaporwave.

The music? Well it's future funk. It's the type of thing I could imagine listening to while coasting down the highway of my dreams neck deep in tropical breeze. It's also the type of thing you might imagine playing in some far flung bar on the other side of the galaxy light years from home. It was described by one YouTuber as 'catchy beats with some romance thrown in'.

Either way it's mid-morning and I'm too tired to think of my own description. It's just cool. 

//

Comments

Popular Posts